Crystals and Chakras Information
What do crystals help with?
Crystals will help to balance your energies and to become more attuned to your body and mind. They will shake loose any stagnant energy and heal. Each crystal is associated with healing certain chakras.
How do I know which crystal to use for each chakra?
- Root Chakra: Citrine, Carnelian, Red Jasper, Smoky Quartz; Bloodstone, Black Obsidian
- Color - Red or Burgundy
- Affirmation - I am safe and I am secure.
- Emotional Signs of Blockages - Take note if the following signs are present, such as anxiety; depression; excessive stress; feeling unstable; lacking assurance; or unable to make decisions.
- Sacral Chakra: Carnelian, Blue-Green Fluorite, Blue Jasper, Topaz, Citrine
- Color - Orange
- Affirmation - I am a Creator.
- Emotional Signs of Blockages - Take note if the following signs are present, such as lack of inspiration and creativity; inability to express emotions; addictive behavior; or feeling fragile and/or unappealing.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: Yellow Tourmaline, Yellow Tiger Eye; Yellow Jasper; Citrine;
- Color - Yellow
- Affirmation - I can and I will.
- Emotional Signs of Blockages - Take note if the following signs are present, such as inability to take control of your life; low self-esteem and self-worth; won’t/can’t express individuality; feeling powerless; afraid of moving forward, making decisions and taking responsibility.
- Heart Chakra: Rose Quartz; Green Aventurine; Jade; Ruby
- Color - Pink
- Affirmation - I love and I am loved.
- Emotional Signs of Blockages - Take note if the following signs are observed, such as feeling unwanted, unloved and unworthy; neediness and co-dependency; difficulty loving or feeling loved; cynical and suspicious; or manipulative.
- Throat Chakra: Amethyst, Aquamarine, Blue Obsidian, Blue Lace Agate
- Color - Blue and Cyan
- Affirmation - I speak the truth.
- Emotional Signs of Blockages - Take note if the following signs are observed, such as the inability to express what you want or need; being misunderstood; unsure how to say how you really feel; or unable to listen to others or receive ideas.
- Third Eye Chakra: Amethyst, Sodalite, Lapis Lazuli; Blue Obsidian; Azurite
- Color - Violet or Indigo
- Affirmation - I am aware and I am wise.
- Emotional Signs of Blockages - Take note if you observe anything like uncertainty about who you are; disbelief/doubt about what you see; inability to make the ‘higher ground’ decision; distrust of your ‘gut feeling’; egocentric; or confusion.
- Crown Chakra: Clear Quartz, Chevron Amethyst, Citrine, Red Serpentine
- Color - Gold
- Affirmation - I am and I am divine.
- Emotional Signs of Blockages - Take note if you observe any of the following signs, such as imbalance and confusion about who you are and your purpose; inability to accept yourself and/or others; disbelief in a higher purpose; disconnect with the physical world; or being incapable of contributing as a functional part of society.
What is Chakra?
It is an energy center in the human body. It is a Sanskrit word that means wheel or cycle. There are seven chakras situated along the spine, from the base of your spine to the crown of your head. They provide subtle energy that helps your organs, mind, and intellect work at their best level.
The following are the seven chakras:
- The root chakra is located at the based of your spine. It is linked with the color red, black and the element earth. It affects how you connect to the world and to control feelings of survival, ambition, dependency, and stability.
- The sacral chakra is located below the navel. It is linked with the color orange, blue-green and the element water. It is considered to be responsible for creativity, intuitiveness, self-worth, compassion, and adaptability.
- The solar plexus chakra is located between the rib cage and the navel. It is linked with the color yellow and the element fire. It is the center of self-esteem and emotions such as ego, anger, and aggression.
- The heart chakra is located in the middle of the cardiovascular system. It is linked with the color pink, green and the element air. It is considered a link to compassion, trust, passion, and love for self and others.
- The throat chakra is tied to self-expression, communication, and confidence. It is linked to the color blue and the element ether.
- The third eye chakra is set between the eyebrows. It has no elemental association and is linked with the color indigo. It controls your intellect, intuition, and wisdom.
- The crown chakra is at the top of the head. It is linked with the color violet or golden-white. It is considered the most spiritual of the central chakras. It is tied to inner wisdom and the cosmos.
Chakra Healing recognizes and identifying undesirable feelings within; focusing on the relevant Chakra to transform negative energy into positive; and move on, like the infinite flow that we are.
How Chakras work with you?
Think of your body as being the bed of a river, and the energy is the water in it. Life within and around the river thrives when it flows smoothly.
If there are any points in your riverbed that cause the water to slow to the point of nearly stopping – the water becomes stale and stagnant – then bacteria and mould starts to grow.
That blockage can also stop the flow of water getting to where it was originally headed; so the rest of the river, or perhaps a pond or lake down the line, dries up and the life it once supported perishes.
There may be a case where the water in the riverbed is rushing too quickly, so overloads its riverbanks and overwhelms the end point. Those areas will quickly become imbalanced and the normal rhythm of life gets disturbed.
So, to keep all the water fresh and clean – and flowing smoothly – we have to remove ‘blockages’ from the river’s course. We must also ‘even out’ any anomalies in the river to ensure it flows continuously and peacefully, yet with strength so it doesn’t become stale or stagnant.
This maintenance also ensures that if something is ever thrown into the river, it simply sweeps it away or the obstruction doesn’t affect the current.
How do Chakra blockages occur?
Lack of awareness is likely the main contributing factor for most people – and holding onto the negative.
When we go through life just doing instead of being – our energy naturally starts to stagnate. We become uninspired (out of spirit) and lose interest in ourselves and the world.
What’s the real difference between the uninspired situation (job we don't like) and the excitable one (a vacation)?
You could say the job, or the situation, or whatever – but, we both know – that events or circumstances really have no control over your true self.
The true difference was your awareness and focus. You can really dislike your job – or anything in life – without having to be eaten up by negativity.
Living in an unaware state means your focus will be on the negative in life. You’ll see all the things you don’t want, you’ll experience all the sensations you dislike – and then you start buying into the lie that that is your life. When it’s not.
When we unintentionally let negativity dwell within us – or when we purposely and repeatedly think, live, speak and act in a negative way – we hold onto that debilitating energy which then forms blockages within us.
Ways to activate, balance, unblock chakra
- Walking outside, gardening, yoga, running, hiking
- Drum, crystal bowls, gong, sound baths
- Root chanting – Lam
- Breathe deeply in and out as you feel yourself held and grounded into the support of the earth
- With each exhalation, release what no longer serves you, send it down the tree trunk and into the earth
- With each inhalation, breath in the exact nourishment your body needs today
- Do this for 5-10 slow breaths
- Visualization – color red
- Crystal and stones
How do blockages affect us?
Let’s go back to that energetic river analogy and apply it to our bodies. If the energy ever becomes negative, stale, and stagnant by way of some blockage, it simply stops flowing properly.
That declining energy then settles into an area in our bodies to form dis-ease and illness. What’s more, it won’t just affect the Chakra it’s in or closest to, but will end up wreaking havoc in other Chakras, too.
For example, if the Heart Chakra’s flow is too little or too much, it will either starve or overflow the next closest Chakra – such as the Throat and Solar Plexus Chakras. And as the imbalance continues, the next Chakras in line become negatively impacted, and so on.
In sum, the improper energy flow affects us in the following ways:
If we have a blockage – we’ll ‘get by’ as our energy will still flow, but we’ll experience more emotional ups and downs, as well as jerky stops and starts in our lives.
- Typical symptom: We’re generally okay but can snap easily.
If we have multiple blockages – this causes more frequent and more severe emotional surges, as well as creates pockets of stagnation where physical dis-ease and illness form. If not attended to, the problems grow bigger (and deeper) over time.
- Typical symptom: We have regular mood swings, and/or unpredictable reactions.
If our energy is too slow – the life force which powers our existence cannot provide the right amount of fuel needed for us to move forward and heal.
- Typical symptom: We’re sluggish, lacklustre, don’t care and aloof.
If our energy is too fast – we cannot grasp its benefit as it rushes through us and beyond, and it will possibly ‘spin’ us off of our life’s course.
- Typical symptom: We skim, don’t listen, always rush to the next thing, lack focus, and can get overwhelmed easily.
If there is no flow at all – this is the lowest point possible for our physical being, it means we haven’t listened to our intuitive awareness – have given up – and are on the verge of perishing from this Earthly realm.
- Typical symptom: Advanced illness, or have attempted severe self-harm behavior.
It’s also important to know that internal negativity can also project into other areas of our lives, including outside of our physical selves. For example, if our Chakras aren’t flowing freely, we may not react or treat others in a kind and loving way because we are struggling to be kind and loving to ourselves.
Also, if we already have a blockage and then some other negativity gets projected onto us by someone else (or we accept negativity into our lives) – that extra negativity won’t get swept away as quickly as it should, if at all.Are there any common negative traits that you can easily connect to a specific Chakra for healing?
Yes, I’ll list out some common Chakras you should work on to clear them:
- Sadness & Depression > Root then all Chakras
- Anger > Root Chakra then Solar Plexus and Heart
- Lack of inspiration > Sacral
- Jealousy > Sacral and Solar Plexus
- Low self-esteem/worth > Solar Plexus
- Heartbreak > Heart then Root
- Loss of a loved one > Heart
- Unwanted life change (divorce, losing job) > Solar Plexus, Root and Heart
- Shyness > Throat
- Distrust > Third Eye
- Lack of purpose > Crown
- Obsessive thoughts/behavior > All Chakras